Already a Student? Log in to the Certification Student Portal.
This Trainer Certification Course is open to students worldwide as long as they can meet the class requirements
The next Windows 10 Trainer Certification Course begins August 31. To register, contact ATI (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Links to information on this page
- Trainer Certification Course Information
- Training Components
- Class Schedule and Included Materials
- Participation Requirements and Refund Policy
- Graduate Services
- Trainer Certification Course Tuition
- Contact ATI with Questions or to Enroll in the Training Course
- ATI Disclaimer
Trainer Certification Course Information
Teaching Access Technology to blind and visually-impaired individuals is a rewarding profession. Many access technology specialists rely on manuals and keyboard reference cards. This is frustrating for both the student and instructor.
Through a series of demanding and intensive immersions, trainers learn the difference between the operating system and the screen readers and are able to communicate concepts to students who have never heard the words — menu, combo box, property sheet, etc.
Trainers also learn the language of the screen readers and the capabilities of screen readers in a variety of applications.
These courses give trainers the skills necessary to provide premier instruction in the use of access technology.
These demanding courses require twice weekly live, voice-chat sessions.
Trainers may sign up for as many courses as desired; however, Windows is mandatory. Please email email@example.com to enroll.
Students who complete all components receive a certification , lifetime support and continuing education.
- Windows 10 August 31- September 21 (5 Weeks)
- JAWS for Windows 2020 – September 28 – October 26 (4 weeks)
- NVDA – November 2 – November 30 (4 weeks)
- Microsoft Edge – December 7 – January 4 (2 week holiday break)
- Microsoft Outlook 2019 – January 11 – February 8 (4 weeks)
- Microsoft Word 2019 – February 15 – March 15 (5 weeks)
- Microsoft Excel 2019 – March 22 – April 19 (5 weeks)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 – April 26 – May 24 (4 weeks)
Class Schedules and Included Materials
The next session begins August 31. Classes meet twice a week (Monday and Thursday at 2:00 PM). Class duration may vary.
- Lessons are downloaded from the Internet
- Two weekly live, voice-chat, sessions for discussion and review
- Weekly Comprehensive Tests
- All Textbooks and Class Materials are Provided.
Students who participate in and complete all eight components with a grade of 80% or better receive graduate services. Graduate services include:
- Access to ATI textbooks
- Continuing education
- Access to updated trainer components
Participation Requirements and Refund Policy
Participation and a positive attitude toward the training are requirements for continued enrollment in the training course.
Enrollment is not a guarantee of graduation.
Students are expected to know the course material and be able to communicate the skills effectively. Students are expected to comply with the ATI Student Guidelines.
Only those truly interested in succeeding as an Access Technology Trainer should consider enrolling in these courses. The coursework is demanding and the time commitment on the part of the student is significant.
Students who receive an 80% or better on all tests and who attend class regularly receive Access Technology Institute Trainer Certification.
Students maintain the right to withdraw from the training course at any time. ATI maintains the right to refuse training to anyone.
ATI does not refund tuition fees
Training Course Tuition
Training course tuition is listed on each class component page.
- Windows 10 August 31-$2400
- JAWS for Windows 2020 – $2400
- NVDA – November 2 – $2400
- Microsoft Edge – December 7 – $2400
- Microsoft Outlook 2019 – $2400
- Microsoft Word 2019 – $2400
- Microsoft Excel 2019 – $2400
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 – $2400
To learn more about the training course or enroll, please contact:
Access Technology Institute, LLC is a private organization and not accredited or recognized by any government agency, public or private organization. We offer certification based solely upon completion of our course of study.
Some government agencies or institutions might not accept our certification. It is the responsibility of the student to confirm acceptance of the certification prior to enrollment. Access Technology Institute, LLC does not act as an employment agency and cannot give assurance that its graduates will automatically obtain pay raises or employment.