Test One Key – Windows 10
10 Points Each
1. Give an overview of the Windows 10 Start Menu.
2. List three elements located on the Desktop of Windows
- Start Button
- Active Desktop
- Notification Area
3. What is the screen reader command to read the clock?
4. How do you open WordPad through the Windows 10 Start Menu?
- Open the Start Menu(WINDOWS KEY)
- Type “WordPad”
- Focus on “WordPad” in the search results
- Press ENTER
5. How do you navigate among the icons on the desktop
- ALL FOUR ARROW KEYS
- First letter of an item
- First several letters of an item
6. Give two ways to launch an application from within the Taskbar of Windows.
- Focus on the Taskbar with WINDOWS KEY-T
- focus on an application and press ENTER
- Use the command WINDOWS KEY-NUMBER ROW 1 through 0
7. What is a jump list? How is a jump list accessed in the Task Bar?
A Jump List is a menu that contains options and recently accessed documents.
To open a jump list, do one of the following:
- Focus on the Taskbar (WINDOWS KEY-T)
- Use RIGHT and LEFT ARROW to select an application
- Open the Jump List with WINDOWS APPLICATION KEY or SHIFT-F10
Open a Jump List directly with WINDOWS KEY-ALT-NUMBER ROW 1 through 0
8. What Windows keyboard commands do the following?
- Move to the next letter RIGHT ARROW
- Move to the next word CTRL-RIGHT ARROW
- Move to the next paragraph CTRL-DOWN ARROW
- Move to the bottom of the document CTRL-END
- Move to the previous word CTRL-LEFT ARROW
9. What screen reader commands do the following?
- Read the current letter NUMPAD FIVE or CAPS LOCK-COMMA
- Read the current word JAWS KEY-NUMPAD FIVE or CAPS LOCK-K
- Read the current line JAWS KEY-NUMPAD EIGHT or CAPS LOCK-I
- Spell the current Word JAWS KEY-NUMPAD FIVE or CAPS LOCK-K twice quickly
10. What keystroke moves focus to the Notification Area? Is this a Windows, or Screen Reader Command?
WINDOWS KEY-B It’s a Windows command
11. How do you increase and decrease the rate of speech on the fly?
- Increase speech rate CTRL-ALT-PAGE UP
- Decrease speech rate CTRL-ALT-PAGE DOWN
12. Both WINDOWS KEY-D and WINDOWS KEY-M place focus on the desktop but they are different, please explain the difference.
WINDOWS KEY-D is a toggle. WINDOWS KEY-M is reversed with SHIFT. A toggle will take an action and reverse it with the same keyboard command.
13. What keyboard command opens the jump list of the first item on the Windows Taskbar?
WINDOWS KEY-ALT-NUMBER ROW 1